Last but certainly not least, we discover New Zealand! Manheim have a main site in Auckland, but we wanted to give you a small taste of the country as a whole and share our team members’ favourite parts!
Bay of Islands, which is only 3 and a half hour drive from Auckland and is extremely beautiful! Or Matapouri Mermaid pools, it can be tricky to get to the pools but once there you will totally enjoy it. Hot tip: best time to go is low tide.
Or explore the Hauraki Gulf (boat transport needed), this is home to:
- Great Barrier Island – pretty remote, wild and nature
- Rangitoto (volcano) – pack a lunch and walk the summit track, check out the view
- Kawau Island – Historical Mansion House and beautiful beaches, no roads on the island
- Tiritiri Matangi Island – this island is a wildlife sanctuary and is a beautiful walk
- Waiheke Island – Vineyards and beautiful white sand beaches
- Pakiri Beach – horse back along the white sands and enjoy the beautiful scenery. This part has a rich Maori heritage and is an hour and 40 minutes from Auckland
Maybe you want to see the North Shore? Devonport is 30 minutes from Auckland. You can walk along the Esplanade and see colonial style housing amongst the modern style as well, a really beautiful part of the North Shore.
Rotorua is a cultural hub for Maori, has awesome hot pools and is around 3 hours from Auckland. Head a little further and you will be in Taupo, an amazing place to hang out or enjoy fly fishing. Dine at Huka Lodge which has beautiful gardens and don’t forget to check out Huka Falls.
Drive around 6 hours from Auckland to Gisborne and check out Rere Falls and the Rere Rock Slide. Head further south to the beautiful Martinborough.
The South Island of NZ is very English, especially Dunedin bagpipes, kilts and the odd castle. Driving around the South Island the views, the landscape is just breathtaking especially, Wanaka, Fiordland (Milford Sounds) and Queenstown-Skiing is the best in Queenstown. Or why not try a gondola ride in Christchurch along the Avon River?
New Zealand is known for its beautiful green mountains and amazing landscape. Whether it is the north or the south island, you are sure to be in awe of what it has to offer.
Need a new car for all those road trips you will take this summer and leading into all the public holidays coming up? Well, we have you covered! Go to www.manheim.com.au for all our cars on offer!